Friday, January 18, 2013

The End of the World

(First of all) I don't know why all the background colors are as they are. Hopefully this one is fixed.. like I said.... technology... 

THE END OF THE WORLD 
So it started snowing a few days ago, and everyone was really excited (for the most part). It was a big deal for them. It started snowing at about 18:00. It snowed all night and when I got up there was a little bit of snow on the grass to show for it, but no where else. It snowed through the day but the ground was still too warm for it to stick. I woke up this morning and it has been sticking more and more now. 

Why is it the end of the world? 
Because the amount of snow is going to shut down Britain. It will shut down trains, buses, and any public transportation. The news stations will tell everyone to stay inside and avoid traveling. My university said watch out for snow days.  They aren't used to snow, and if they get some they don't have the equipment to take care of it. Therefore it brings the country to a standstill. 
People are amazed and excited.. especially at the "heaviness" of this fall. 



                               This is outside my flat door. It is slightly drifted on our side.



   This is a close up of outside my door. My fingers are touching the ground & that's drifted.

      I took these outside my window. Yes, she is using an umbrella (I saw a few doing this). 
Here you can see the grass showing a little still ;) 


....Scratch that... my flatmate's lecture was cancelled... 

No comments:

Post a Comment